Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
Treat yourself to a Chinese fakeaway with this quick to cook stir-fry bursting with flavour and packed full of goodness from juicy big tiger prawns to yummy veggies, for the ultimate light dinner.
For the stir fry
- 120g shiitake mushrooms, halved
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 225g tiger prawns, uncooked
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Spray oil for frying
- 25g unsalted cashew nuts
- 200g broccoli, chopped into florets
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 small piece of ginger root, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, diagonally sliced
- 4 tbsp rice wine
- Glass noodles or boiled rice
- Mix the cornflour and cayenne in a bowl, add the prawns and coat thoroughly, then mix in the soy sauce and leave in a cool place for about 30 minutes.
- Spray some oil into a wok and place over a high heat, add the cashews and stir fry for 30 seconds or until golden, then remove them to a plate.
- Next add the mushrooms and stir fry for 1-2 minutes until golden.
- Add the prawns and stir fry for about 1-2 minutes, until they turn pink. Add the remaining ingredients and stir fry for another minute.
- Return the nuts to the pan, turn the heat down to medium, add the rice wine and a little water, then put a lid on the pan and cook for a further minute.
- Serve with glass noodles or boiled rice.