Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
Look no further for the perfect quick, healthy and tasty weekend brunch recipe. Packed with ingredients rich in iron, protein and flavour, this delicious dish is the best way to start the day.
- 250g portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200g kale, stalks removed and torn into small pieces
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp finely chopped parsley
- Sourdough bread, toasted
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the onion. Fry for 3-4 mins until soft.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and fry for a couple of minutes until soft, before adding the garlic and kale. Cook until wilted.
- Add the tomatoes and stir through. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Make 4 small wells in the pan using the back of a spoon. Break one of the eggs into a small cup and pour into one of the wells. Repeat with the rest of the eggs. Cover and leave to cook on a low heat for 3-4 mins until the eggs are just cooked.
-TIP- Try adding grated parmesan, chopped crispy bacon or chili flakes for a kick to your brunch