Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
Filled with exotic spices from the East, this prawn pathia is a wonderfully rich tasting concoction, with beautiful colours, aromas and flavours from fresh ginger to tomatoes and tamarind
- 225g mixed open and closed-cup mushrooms
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1in piece ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 tbsp medium curry paste
- 1 tbsp tamarind paste (optional)
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 150g pack cooked peeled prawns
- 150g fresh spinach leaves
- Brown rice
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onion and sauté over a medium heat for 5 mins.
- Add the ginger and mushrooms and sauté for a further 5 mins until the mushrooms are browned.
- Stir in the curry paste, tamarind paste and tomatoes. Simmer for 5 mins.
- Stir in the prawns and spinach leaves, stir until the leaves have wilted.
- Season to taste and simmer for 3 mins.
- Serve with brown rice and chapatis.