Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
This Mushroom and Chilli Chicken Tagliatelle dish is a super easy weekday meal or even a dinner party treat as it provides Italian flavours from olives, pesto and capers with a hint of chilli for an added kick.
- 150g chestnut or closed-cup mushrooms, sliced
- 200g tagliatelle or linguine
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 250g skinless, boneless chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp red pesto
- 10 black or green olives
- 1 tbsp capers, drained
- Small handful fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put the tagliatelle or linguine into a large saucepan and cover with plenty of boiling water. Add a pinch of salt and cook for 8-10 minutes, according to pack instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the chicken over a medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes, stirring often. Add the onion, garlic and chilli and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and mushrooms to the chicken, cook for 3-4 minutes, then stir in the pesto, olives and capers. Add a splash of hot water (about 2 tbsp) and keep warm over a low heat.
- Drain the tagliatelle or linguine in a colander and return it to the saucepan. Stir in the chicken pesto mixture and heat for about 1 minute, stirring gently. Serve, sprinkled with parsley and black pepper.