Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
Don’t let your Christmas meal leftovers go to a waste and rustle up a great Christmas Breakfast Hash. With a wonderful array of ingredients including potatoes, onions and mushrooms, this is an easy and quick meal to make.
- 250g chestnut mushrooms, quartered
- 200g potatoes, chopped into 1cm pieces
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 100g bacon lardons
- 60g Brussel sprouts, finely shredded
- 4 eggs
- 50g Stilton, crumbled
- Chopped parsley
- Cook the chopped potatoes in salted water until just tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and cool. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a low heat and gently fry the onion until soft. Turn up the heat and add the bacon, mushrooms and sprouts. Fry for 5 minutes. Return the potatoes to the pan and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Make 4 wells in the mix and crack the eggs into them. Cook gently until the eggs cook. Crumble with stilton and sprinkle with parsley to serve.