Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
These quick to make Mushroom and Blue Cheese Quinoa Balls make for the ultimate light lunch, served with a chicory and watercress salad all topped with a light delightful dressing.
- 250g mushrooms
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 250g cooked quinoa
- 150g gorgonzola (or another soft blue cheese)
- 1 small bunch parsley
- 50g walnuts
- 50g plain flour (or gluten free alternative)
For the salad
- 2 red chicory, cut into wedges lengthways
- 150g watercress
- 150g rocket
- 2 handfuls walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- Heat a tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan, then add the onions and cook until soft, about 10 mins.
- Put the mushrooms into a food processor and whiz until finely chopped. Add these to the pan with the mushrooms and garlic and cook for 10 mins. Season.
- Whizz the walnuts and parsley in the food processor, add the cooked mushroom mix, blue cheese and quinoa and whizz to combine well (you want the mix to be broken down enough to shape into balls easily).
- Check that the mix is well seasoned before shaping it into balls and rolling in flour.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan. Add the balls and fry for 5 to 6 minutes until golden on all sides.
- Mix the salad, dress, and serve with the cooked quinoa balls.