Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
Pretty much everything you dream about on one plate!
- 250g mushrooms
- 320g angel hair spaghetti (you can also use any other long thin pasta for this)
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic, grated
- 100g beef mince
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh basil leaves and Parmesan to finish
- Make the blend meatballs first by blitzing the mushrooms in a food processor until finely chopped. Add to the minced beef with the egg and breadcrumbs, season and mix well.
- Form little chickpea-sized balls by pinching off a little of the mixture and rolling in the palm of your hands. You can rub a little oil into your palms to help prevent sticking.
- Heat a sauté pan with a tablespoon of olive oil and cook the meatballs in batches until browned then remove from the pan and set aside.
- Heat a large pasta pan of water and add a large pinch of salt.
- When it comes to the boil, add the pasta and cook according to the pack instructions then drain and toss through with a tablespoon of olive oil
- Meanwhile, add the remaining olive oil to the sauté pan with the garlic, cook for 30 seconds then add the tomatoes. Turn the heat up and toss them around the pan for a minute then add the balsamic vinegar.
- Cook for another minute then gently stir in the meatballs and pasta before serving with a good grating of Parmesan and some basil leaves.